Monday, June 8, 2009
I am delighted to say that I am finished with my research papers for the quarter! I was looking forward to celebrating, but alas, there was no one to celebrate with today. Another strange thing: now that I've completed all my work for the quarter, I feel a little incomplete, which makes me wonder if "busyness" defines our self-worth. For me, I'm always most productive when I have a laundry list of things to do. I usually end up procrastinating by doing housework, cooking/baking, running errands, browsing through the internet; everything else but the items with the deadlines. However, when I don't have as much to do, I feel like a dull dud, deteriorating as a useless couch potato.
Therefore, I have started a list of Things to Do for the Summer:
1. Read and take notes for my research paper
2. Catch up on leisure reading
3. Learn some new recipes
4. Create art: photography, painting, drawing, etc.
5. Journal/Blog more often
6. Practice playing the piano-keyboard
7. Do something nice for someone each week
8. Treasure hunt at Thrift stores
9. Become competent with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
10. Make use of the Wii and play more DDR (Dance, Dance Revolution!)
11. Memorize applicable Bible verses
12. Spend quality time with friends/family
13. Have a baby (just kidding)
Downer: My friend told me about an anniversary event they were having at the Langham Hotel on Wed., where tea would be at its original price in 1865, 1 shilling, 6 pence (15 cents)!! Unfortunately, they were fully booked by the time we decided to go, bummer. We could've gone in our tea dresses (as shown above), gloves and loverly hats. Oh well, maybe next year.
On another note, I love this photo from the Wildfox Couture's Fall 09 collection. It reminds me of Breaking Dawn, those who haven't read it, I won't spoil it any further!