Thursday, June 18, 2009

High School Graduations


_DSC0037.JPG
_DSC0039.JPG
_DSC0040.JPG
Blue top with gold embellishment- taken from my Gramma's pile of throw-outs
Brown shorts- H&M, white skinny belt- taken from Mom, brushed gold interlocking bracelet- NYC jewelry design shop, shoes- thrifted
Photos taken by the talented Miss Regina Teng

Regina's graduation, along with several other girls from my smallgroup who graduated, hooray!

Vitamin CGraduation Lyrics
And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day
Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of the night in June...

As the song states, where we're gonna be when we turn 25, I'm turning 26 in less than a month. It's unbelievable how quickly time flies. Can I say I'm satisfied with where I am today and who I've become? Partially. There are things I would like to change but I think the key is to stay content, but never complacent. In the past two days, I had the opportunity to visit 3 high school graduations. I've come to realize that HS graduations are very emotional because it is a time of parting with the past and awaiting for the future, and I'll be experiencing it year after year as a teacher. It is such a bittersweet moment to see these kids go through high school and make it. It is a major achievement. Whoever said High School was easy was either lying or bluffing.  High school is one of those major stepping stones in life, a time you never forget, regardless of your experience. Perhaps that is why I am so intent on being a HS teacher. 

2 comments:

  1. ok, if you can make mah-mah's stuff look cool, you're one little fashionista! :)

    ReplyDelete