Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's all in the family.

Bday Gifts from ThailandBlue shirt
I received a special bday package from my loverly lil sis who is currently in Thailand. 
Inside: Printed tee with a forest scene + a girl who (according to my sis) is supposed to look like me, Audrey Hepburn dark purple tee, pad thai and green curry paste, my two favorite Thai dishes. She sure knows me well...gosh, I miss her.

Been thinking a lot about the people in my life whom I value, and family is still at the top of the list. My mom used to always tell me, "friends come and go, but your family will always be there...that's why you have to treat them well." Her words remain true to this day, and I see it being played out in my huge, but tight-knit family. 

Mike n' Moch
Two of the loves of my life.
Spotted shadows
Spotted shadows.
Hot Dog
Hot dog.
Spotlight
Who needs friends when you've got a dog that will stay by your side?
Green onions

To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right. - Confucius

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog! my grandma tells me the same thing about family... they too are the top on my list :)

    ReplyDelete