Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Mean Reds



Holly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat or it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of. Don't you ever get that feeling?
Paul: Sure. Some people call it angst.
Holly: When I get it, what does any good is to jump into a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness, the proud look. Nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that made me feel like Tiffany's, then... then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name...

The mean reds, the blues, whatever you want to call it, we all have our days. Even though Tiffany's is literally a 15 minute walk away, I'd rather take out the camera and shoot the blues away, plus it's free. Finding beauty around me turns that frown upside down.

After the rain...






How can you not be happy with a red lamp in the middle of your living room?



Doc Martens: I remember my first pair of the classic 8-tie black Doc Marten boots. At the age of 12, I was dying for a pair and begged my father to find me Docs in London during his business trip. I recall him tracing the outline of my foot, but ended up being disappointed when he bought the shoes 1/2 a size too small. Within a few months, they became too small for my growing feet. Feeling distraught, I decided I would save them for my future child. However, I discovered a remake by Yohji Yamamoto in the current issue of NYLON. This sleeker look is a spin-off of the basic black boot. I don't usually swoon over shoes (only Louboutins), but these boots had me dying, and I died just a little bit more when I found out they are practically sold out everywhere online. Guess I'll have to wait for London.



Speaking of NYLON... guess who's rockin' the cover this month?!?!



Ladies, remember the guy from F4?? Turns out he's a rep for WORLD VISION, the non-profit organization Mike works for!



I think the mean reds are now turning into more of a pinkish color...

1 comment:

  1. the pictures are good , especially I like the red flower !
    pci compliance

    ReplyDelete