Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Homemade Vday Dinner by Chez Hubs

Woke up Valentine's Day morning to a cookbook from my favorite Cooking Channel show, Little Paris Kitchen with Rachel Khoo. Our cable company had been doing a preview for this channel and I recorded every single recipe before the preview was up. I love her simple, non-intimidating way of French cooking inside her tiny Parisian apartment (she even uses matchsticks to light her stove!). She also has an adorable sense of style, and used to do PR for a UK fashion luxury brand. They recently released the US version of her cookbook and the Hubs snagged one just in time for Vday!

{Bonus:} I was to choose an appetizer, entree and dessert that the Hubs was going to prepare for me as my post Valentine's Day meal. We have never been fans of going out on Valetine's Day, and with a baby, it makes it even more unappealing this year. So I must say, I was pleasantly delighted with his idea!
{ || Top-bottom: Parisian asparagus | Scallop Sabayon | Chicken and mushrooms in a white wine sauce | Mont Blanc || }
Pictures are worth a thousand words, but if only you could taste them! Dinner surpassed my expectations and I was quite proud of the Hubs, I am so very blessed. It was a meal labored in love, and that is better than any Michelin-rated restaurant! Some people say they are Anti-Valentine's Day, which makes sense if you are single. However, I see it as a good reminder to take the time to appreciate your significant other. Ideally, it would be great if we could make it an everyday thing, but unfortunately that isn't always possible with the busyness of life. And now with a new baby in our lives, finding the time for romance can be tricky but is even more necessary than ever. As you can tell, the baby enjoys being the star of the show, but we need to constantly check ourselves to make sure we are connected as a couple. If Mommy and Daddy are happily in love, baby wins too!

2 comments: