Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Make that 2 slices of cake, si vous plait.



Our bedroom interior was designed with hers in mind : )
I spy with my little eyes, something that starts with an "m!"
Guess who made shoes in honor of Marie Antoinette (kind of over-the-top in my opinion)?

Love their fans and outfits.


I actually wouldn't mind having wallpaper like this in my home..okay, maybe just one accent wall.

Happy 100th post! Wow, I can't believe I have that many entries. But anyway, I decided on a Marie Antoinette-inspired entry for today, since I saw the movie on TV today. I own the dvd, yet I still watch it on the screen. I am aware that there are plenty of people who dislike this movie and say that it has a weak storyline. I watch movies for various reasons, and in this case, it's for the eye-candy. I think Sophia Coppola does a beautiful job in portraying the pure opulence and sinful indulgence Marie Antoinette drowns herself in. I especially enjoy oogling at the costumes, champagne, macarons, pastries, shoes, accessories, Chateau de Versaille, Marie's cute little cottages and Le Petit Trianon...it's like a daycation overload to France. Makes me miss it even more. Whenever I want to teleport to another era or location, I just pop in a movie. This probably explains my bizarre obsession with films from the 60s, but that's another story.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot how beautiful that movie was! Would love to turn it into a Halloween costume, if I had the funds to do so.

    ReplyDelete