Sunday, May 17, 2009

Future or Past Tense?

After coming back from our mini-vacay, I've been thinking about a terrible habit I have. I am a futuristic type of person who tends to look forward to the future and the opportunities and experiences it brings. But at the same time, I tend to look too often into the past, feeling sentimentally attached to past experiences. My version of the past is usually one filled with nostalgia, overlooking or amplifying negative moments, but usually seeing the past in a happier light than the actual experience.

So the dilemma I have is learning to live in the moment. Yes, everyone tells you the present is a gift, that's why we call it present and yadiyadiya... but honestly, sometimes I'm too busy thinking about the past and future that I don't have time to truly savor the present moments I tend to miss once they're gone. I've decided that I need to constantly remind myself to embrace the now, without getting too behind or ahead of myself.

Photos from our spontaneous "Nawlins" Louisiana getaway:












2 comments:

  1. how do you have the time/money/everything to travel so much?! i'm so jealous haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good reminder :) I should work on that too! I'm always worrying about what's next...
    That picture of Mike made me laugh! Are those beignets?
    I wish I could see you more often :D

    ReplyDelete