Thursday, August 29, 2013

3.1 Phillip Lim x Target



Like every other blogger slash fashion editor slash anyone who is a fan of Phillip Lim and his gorgeous designs, I was ecstatic when I heard he was doing a collaboration with Target. Another part of me wanted to break down and cry because he is one of my favorite designers and I have this "no shopping challenge" that I put upon myself. Do I make an exception just for superficial-sake? Oh the decisions...

I still remember the first time my cousins and I met him, he was super down-to-earth, genuine, thoughtful and unpretentious. For him, it isn't only about the fashion but making well-tailored clothing that surpass the duration of trends. His simple, clean designs are suitable for any aged woman and never appear too flashy or provocative. 

I found most of the collection (there are 200 pieces in total) through Refinery 29 , and edited it down to some of my favorites. The printed items were cute, but I've come to realize that some of the print-y items become played out when everyone on the street is sporting the same top. Of course, things are also different when viewed in person and some of these collaborations seem to be a hit or miss when it comes to quality and fit. However,  Phillip Lim has stated that he wanted to improve on that, so we'll see how he did with the Target budget. Perhaps I'll go purchase some pieces for the Hubby, since the men's line looks pretty fabulous as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment