Tuesday, September 1, 2009

3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2009





Image credits: style.com

Ruffles, hot pink, blush-pink, camel, fur, leather, gold sparkles, gloves...my eyes are going haywire from eye-candy overload! The last dress reminds me of the one I picked up at the garage sale, which makes me feel rather delighted. Another fall item to consider purchasing: bordeaux-colored stockings.

Seeing these photos make me even more antsy for Autumn. The heat wave and wildfires in our area have been making the end of the summer quite unbearable. I've always loved summer as a child, but as I grew older, I started looking forward to Fall. Even though it is rare to find colorful leaves trickling off branches in SoCal, I take the time to spot each one. 

There's always the feeling of starting something new during the Fall, even more so than the new year. It's the start of festivities, school years and (at least in CA) weather changes. Also, summer fashion feels so dreary and mundane-- shorts, tanks, dresses, sandals (repeat). I prefer blazers, layering, scarves, boots, coats, stockings, leather, etc... Basically, I choose ice over fire. Maybe I should consider moving...

1 comment:

  1. same here. i prefer cold weather and i like dressing up for it

    ReplyDelete