Monday, June 22, 2009

Sample sales from the comfort of your own home.


Everyone who knows me, knows that I live for bargain-shopping. It has taken a lot of strength for me to peel my eyes away sale items I don't really need. Lately, I've been trying to invest in deals that are worthwhile, items that will last for more than a season, more than a year.

So I opened up my inbox today, to see that ideeli had a Christian Louboutin sale, but for the bags, not the shoes. Darn. However, another sale caught my eye: Hunter rubber boots. I don't know about you, but I've always loved splashing around in puddles since I was young. But as I grew older, I never invested in a pair of good ole wellies. I've been eyeing a pair of Hunters, but they normally retail for $145+. Well, today was my lucky day. Ideeli was selling a pair of the Tall Festival Hunter boots for $54. 


Why are Hunter wellies so awesome? They were originally the North British Rubber Company, based in Scotland by American entrepreneur Henry Lee Norris in 1856. Hunter was awarded a Royal Warrant from Her Majesty The Queen in 1986. "Wellies" were first developed for and named after Arthur Wellesley, The first Duke of Wellington. In 1817, he requested his cobbler to develop footwear that was fit for battle in the muddy trenches yet also stylish enough to be worn to formal dinners.* Just imagine the Queen sporting a pair... I love fashion history. *Info taken from ideeli.com


Ideeli.com is a website that acts like a sample sale warehouse, minus the push n' shove that is normally associated with sample sales, since it may be purchased via the internet. So far, I've seen sales from Marc by Marc Jacobs, Gucci, Karl Lagerfeld, Chloe, Samsonite Black label, Leica cameras and several more. They also have free giveaways! It is by invitation only and for each friend who joins and purchases, you receive $25. Not bad huh? So who wants an invitation? : )

Apparently, Kate Moss digs them too.

2 comments: