Monday, January 17, 2011

A Nordstrom story.

DSC_2209.JPG_effected
Silk cut-out top from Nordstrom, vintage leather skirt, BR belt, Carlos patent heels
DSC_2206.JPG_effected
Today marks my second non-training day at Nordstrom and first close. If you didn't already know, I have decided to put education on pause and go back into retail because I feel that God is calling me to be a light in the fashion industry. I've always heard about the great opportunities working for Nordstrom and I wanted to be a part of that.

To make a long story short, last year was full of closed doors and this year (literally, a week into 2011), God has opened up doors. For that, I am immensely thankful and grateful to be given this opportunity. After my first day of training and orientation, I was excited to be a part of the Nordstrom family. To this day, the company is being run by the Nordstrom brothers, descendants of John W. Nordstrom. The customer care and service hasn't changed since and they stand firm in what they believe in.

My favorite story is about the man who came into Nordstrom back in the 1900s to return a tire that was purchased from the previous tire shop, before Nordstrom took over the building. At the time, Nordstrom only sold shoes, but the sales people ended up giving the guy his money back. How about that for customer service!

For those of you in the area, feel free to visit me in the viaC (Rag & Bone, Elizabeth & James, Vince, Alice + Olivia, etc)/Savvy department and I will be your personal stylist! And please leave all tires at home, thanks! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment